Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure ISO 9001 and the EHS 14001 polices are fully adhered to.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule workflow through the workshop according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- On a day to day basis work with the team members to ensure customer (internal/external) deadlines are achieved and the right attitudes/behaviours are being used.
- Order material, tooling and fixtures where applicable for production requirements.
- Maintain and develop the correct skill levels and plan in skill shortages / succession.
- Using leadership skills, supervise and motivate the team and review individual performance.
- Determine status of assigned prototype and R & D projects and communicate at all times.
- Workshop to operate in a clean, tidy and organised environment with the use of visual controls.
- Look to implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work with current supplier base regarding QA issues using the relevant ISO procedures.
- Full responsibility to ensure workshop is shutdown and secure at the end of each day.
- Quality Assurance - ISO 9001
- Capacity Planning
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement
- Engineering background
- CNC operating and programming
- Milling, turning and grinding
- Automotive engineering background
- Environmental ISO 14001
- Auditing skills
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, access etc)
- Good communication skills
- Capacity planning
- Problem solving techniques
- Leadership / Man Management qualities
- Visual Management (5s)
- Presentation skills
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple demands to agreed timescales under pressure
- Able to work within a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Commitment to high levels of customer satisfaction with internal customers
- Commitment to a high level of personal performance
- Good technical communication skills
- Strong team player and have “a can do attitude”
- Flexible approach Good personal presence
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org