The GST is an electric vehicle product used in the development of driver assistance systems and automated driving. The GST relies on cutting edge technology with GPS guidance and high capacity electric batteries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical and mechanical commissioning of each new build
- Programming and setup on-board PC and software
- Connection, testing and setup of the battery and monitoring system
- Internal PC setup
- Performing functional tests on GST systems – braking, suspension etc.
- Setup and testing of the electric drive motors
- Supporting the Track Test Team in functional tests
- Fault finding and servicing of existing products
- Preparing the finished product for shipping
The role also provides the opportunity for overseas travel to provide electrical/mechanical support to our customers on-site.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Electrical or mechanical technical qualification, NVQ 3, or technical degree
- Experience of automotive electronics
- Critical thinker with a good understanding of engineering
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Computer literacy