The function of the role is to take on the responsibility for all aspects of Track Test mechanical manufacturing. You will be leading a team ensuring all team members are skilled in the disciplines required for producing a quality product, on time and at the right cost to continue improving the overall performance in this area.
This is a role which incorporates “hands-on” expertise, managing and improving an existing team to meet build objectives.
What will you be doing?
- Assess and manage manufacturing workflow within the team and delegate tasks to your team members to ensure targets are achieved
- Oversee the planning and organisation of Manufacturing processes and ensure availability of necessary material, equipment and labour resources are available.
- Motivate a manufacturing team to achieve set objectives and target setting
- Monitor build faults and ensure the relevant logs are kept up to date and implement continuous improvement opportunities. Involve other team areas where applicable
- Reporting weekly build performance to the Operations team by attending all output meetings and ensuring all parts of vital information is understood and shared with the team
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience with a manufacturing and/or assembly background
- Mechanical assembly experience/ engineering background
- Ability to perform quality inspection
- Strong leader with proven leadership skills
- Commitment to a high level of personal performance
Why join us?
We are a part The AB Dynamics Group, an innovative, dynamic company with a friendly and supportive working environment. In addition to competitive salaries, our attractive benefits package includes a discretionary company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), and generous company pension contributions.
At The AB Dynamics Group We set ourselves ambitious objectives and strive to work by our Values of Customers, People, Diversity, Innovation, Excellence and Responsibility. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To discover why we’re a great place to work click here to apply outlining how your innovative and inquisitive personality would make you a good fit in the world of autonomous vehicle technology.