- Working Pattern: Hybrid, 4 days onsite
Due to continued success we are looking for a creative, experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer, who has a passion for design combined with strong communication skills to lead a small team of Design Engineers within the larger Mechanical Design team.
Reporting to Head of Mechanical Design, this position offers a great opportunity to be intimately involved in seeing designs through to manufacture in an exciting area of engineering.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a small team of engineers, providing mentorship and direction as required.
- Agreeing project deliverables and key dates
- Liaising with internal and external sources to assess performance, cost, and manufacturing feasibility
- Preparing, analysing, and presenting concept designs according to an established NPD process
- Preparing supporting documentation such as engineering calculations, test reports, FEA reports etc.
What are we looking for?
- A degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (or technical knowledge gained in an industrial setting).
- Demonstratable knowledge in the engineering disciplines of kinematics, dynamics, and solid mechanics
- A good knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes, and turning novel ideas into production solutions
- 8+ years' experience as a Design Engineer working on Mechanical and/or Mechatronic systems in a related industry.
- Experience of CAD, FEA and/or other analytical software packages
Why join us?
We are a part The AB Dynamics Group, an innovative, dynamic company with a friendly and supportive working environment. In addition to competitive salaries, our attractive benefits package includes a discretionary company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), and generous company pension contributions.
At The AB Dynamics Group We set ourselves ambitious objectives and strive to work by our Values of Customers, People, Diversity, Innovation, Excellence and Responsibility. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To discover why we’re a great place to work, click here to apply with your CV outlining how your innovative and inquisitive personality would make you a good fit in the world of autonomous vehicle technology.