AB Dynamics has released new track testing software (RC v8.15.1) which includes groups for testing Euro NCAP AEB 2020 protocols.
These include Car to Car front turn across path (CCFtap), and Vulnerable Road User (VRU) tests for both turning (CPTA) and reversing (CPRA) scenarios.
The software also includes new test groups for NHTSA CIB (Crash Imminent Braking), C-NCAP AEB Car-To-Car along with Euro NCAP Cut-in tests for use with preliminary AD (autonomous driving).
Increased support for LaunchPad is one of the benefits of this new release, along with a new Synchro operation mode 'Synchro start' which provides an automatically synchronised start time between multiple vehicles.
The video above shows a demonstration of the new test groups, along with track demonstrations with AB Dynamics' driving robots and ADAS targets.
The software release includes the following benefits:
• Auto returns available for GST, SCT and LaunchPad products for more test types
• Support for PolySync DriveKit for use with Kia Niro and Kia Soul
• New speed calculation method: vector velocity at front axle
• Three new gear types supported: Spring-return Auto, Spring-return Auto/Sequential and Tracked Vehicle Auto
• Power Sequence group available as a beta product for advanced path networks and triggering
• New path-following longitudinal speed / distance control option: reference point
• Additional support for LaunchPad
• 'Synchro start' – new operation mode which allows independently synchronised tests to be performed with ease
New publicly available versions are as follows:
- RC v8.15.1
- PowerPMAC v8.15.1
- TurboPMAC v8.15.3
New test groups added for:
- NHTSA CIB
- C-NCAP AEB Car to Car 2018
- Euro NCAP AEB VRU 2020
- Euro NCAP AEB Car-to-Car 2020
- Cut-in tests for use with preliminary Euro NCAP AD (autonomous driving)
Post-processing available for:
- NHTSA CIB 2015
Post-processing for other groups including Euro NCAP 2020 will follow in the coming months.